Cookies are small text files, which often include a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device (“device”) when you visit a site. Cookies are widely used in order to make sites work efficiently and help provide us with business and marketing information to enable us to make informed decisions on the development of our site. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We use three main types of cookies: (1) “Performance” cookies, (2) “Identification” cookies, and (3) “Targeting” cookies.
- “Performance” cookies are used to help us see how you use our site (e.g., which pages you visit). These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you; all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the performance of our site, understand what interests our users, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. Sometimes cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we do not allow such third parties to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed herein. By using our site, you accept the use of performance cookies.
- “Identification” cookies are used to help us customise site content based upon your selections. We use identification cookies to remember choices you have made such as identifying yourself as an adviser, to show you when you are logged in to our site and to target you with advertisements on other sites. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean you are unable to access certain features or services. Preventing these cookies may stop us remembering that you did not want a specific feature or service. By using our site, you accept the use of identification cookies.
- “Targeting” cookies are used to send you relevant information and see which content you use. We use targeting cookies to send you customised news content via email, to track which content you use and to target you with advertisements on other sites. By using our site, you accept the use of targeting cookies.
At any point, you have the right to request that we do not process your personal information for any marketing purposes.
You can opt-out of display advertising features and customise display network advertisements using the ad settings provided by Google and other ad serving companies. As an added privacy measure, you can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on or other third-party adblockers. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this site.
To remove other cookies from your PC, you can use these guides:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835#/en-us/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=en_GB
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
We utilise a number of different cookie variations that serve a number of different functions.
Changes to the Policy